Featured Posts

Zebra Publications
Atlas Publications
Mimosa Comics
Supercomix
Afri-Comics
Unlimited Comics
Americom

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Bollie

Many thanks to Colin Roets for identifying Bollie's origin. Bollie was originally "Bobo" - a Dutch children's magazine, originating in 1968. From 1970-1994 he was drawn by Italian artist Sergio Cavina.

Bollie is a Comic Strip that has entertained generations of children in South Africa since the 1960s. Bollie starred in the magazines Die Huisgenoot, Sarie Marais, Landbouweekbland and Vonk, before launching his own magazine in 1968.

An ad for Bollie Magazine, from Vonk  05 May 1969:
Many Thanks to Carinne - who has shared the majority of these images. 
Some covers of Bollie Magazine from the 1970s:
 
 


 


 

 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

 

After the launch of Television services in South Africa in 1976, Bollie joined TV Wonderland Magazine:

 
 
 


 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 


In recent years, Bollie has been redesigned, for publication in Die Huisgenoot (and is called "Bobo" in the English equivalent magazine, "You"):
See Also:
Classic Afrikaans Comic Strips

26 comments:

  1. Where can I get a hold of these please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a bit of a longshot, but would you be up for selling any? I'm based in the UK and was hoping to get hold of an issue or two of bollie for a friend who grew up with it.

      Delete
  2. Where can I get a hold of these please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of these stored in our family home garage, are these old
    comic strips worth anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kicking up old posts, but do you still have a book or two?

      Delete
    2. Bit of a longshot given the OP was 4 years ago but same question

      Delete
  4. are these Bollie comicstrips worth anything, we have loads of these in storage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day. Do you have any of these books available

      Delete
  5. Id love to buy some if anyone has them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helena. I have some Bollie books that I want to sell. I have 12 books of deel 6. You can whatsapp me on 0792167756

      Delete
    2. Hi Elsa, a bit of a longshot since your post was 2 years ago but do you still have any bollie books for sale? I couldn't find you on whatsapp

      Delete
  6. ons het 60 bollie boeke om te verkoop.Enige belangstelling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please what price and where are you

      Delete
    2. Do you still have any bollie comics for sale and would you be willing to post to the UK?


      Het u nog bollie-strokiesprente te koop en is u bereid om na die Verenigde Koninkryk te pos?

      Delete
    3. I would love some of these boos please. julstrydom@gmail.com

      Please contact me

      Delete
    4. Hi. Is die boeke nog beskikbaar?

      Delete
  7. I have alot of these books. Anyone interested in buying? 0650265676

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still have copies in good condition? Send all details please

      Delete
  8. Hi still have alot of these comics if anyone interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to buy 5 of these books for my dad's 50th birthday. Where are you and what will it cost.me

      Delete
    2. I want some please. Contact me on julstrydom@gmail.com

      Delete
  9. Hello... will i be able to get hold of some of these books? venter.mareli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have listed some early copies of Bollie on Bobshop, the South African version of ebay. My username there is Canil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those who have these comics should make digital copies.
    Hard copies are fragile and hard to find.
    I would love to get some of these comics myself, but I haven't laid eyes on one since I was about 5 years old

    ReplyDelete